Two new ministries are being created to devote more attention and resources to major issues that impact British Columbians. (Photo - Twitter)
Two new ministries are being created to devote more attention and resources to major issues that impact British Columbians: the Ministry of Housing, and the Ministry of Emergency Management and Climate Readiness.
The new cabinet includes 23 ministers and four ministers of state. Gender representation remains balanced. The cabinet will be supported in its work by 14 parliamentary secretaries.
The cabinet is as follows:
* Premier: David Eby
* Agriculture and Food: Pam Alexis
* Attorney General: Niki Sharma
* Children and Family Development: Mitzi Dean
* Citizens' Services: Lisa Beare
* Education and Child Care: Rachna Singh
* Minister of State for Child Care: Grace Lore
* Emergency Management and Climate Readiness: Bowinn Ma
* Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation: Josie Osborne
* Environment and Climate Change Strategy: George Heyman
* Finance (includes Columbia River Treaty): Katrine Conroy
* Forests, and Minister Responsible for Consular Corps: Bruce Ralston
* Health, and Minister Responsible for Francophone Affairs: Adrian Dix
* Housing, and Government House Leader: Ravi Kahlon
* Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation: Murray Rankin
* Jobs, Economic Development and Innovation: Brenda Bailey
* Minister of State for Trade: Jagrup Brar
* Labour: Harry Bains
* Mental Health and Addictions: Jennifer Whiteside
* Municipal Affairs: Anne Kang
* Post-Secondary Education and Future Skills (includes immigration/foreign credentials): Selina Robinson
* Minister of State for Workforce Development: Andrew Mercier
* Public Safety and Solicitor General (ICBC), and Deputy Premier: Mike Farnworth
* Social Development and Poverty Reduction: Sheila Malcolmson
* Tourism, Arts, Culture and Sport: Lana Popham
* Transportation and Infrastructure (BC Transit and Translink): Rob Fleming
* Minister of State for Infrastructure and Transit: Dan Coulter
* Water, Land and Resource Stewardship (Fisheries): Nathan Cullen
The association representing Surrey Memorial Hospital doctors has issued another letter demanding that either the emergency room vacancies be filled, or the emergency room be closed to new patients.A letter was written on May 19 b...
The Atira Women's Resource Society says it has named a new interim CEO after former head Janice Abbott stepped down...
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has appointed a new head of the federal public service.John Hannaford, who is current...
Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland says the Liberal government respects the choice the people of Alberta have...
Immigration Minister Sean Fraser says the government is using a new system to bring spouses, children and parents o...
The Vancouver-based company Lululemon is promising 2600 new jobs over five years.C.E.O Calvin McDonald says the com...
A Florida man has pleaded not guilty to human smuggling charges after the frozen bodies of a family of four migrant...
The British Columbia government is preparing to build a new cancer care centre in Kamloops.Health Minister Adrian D...
Quebec Premier François Legault says the province will require that the vast majority of economic immigrants to Que...
The association representing Surrey Memorial Hospital doctors has issued another letter demanding that either the emerge...
The Atira Women's Resource Society says it has named a new interim CEO after former head Janice Abbott stepped down amid...